This is a recipe my mother-in-law made at a picnic. It’s so much better than a jarred salsa. It’s perfect with tortilla chips or crackers, but all I need is my face and the bowl. YUM!!!
In a colander, drain and rinse:
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans (I thought I had black beans and didn’t, so I used a can of pinto beans instead, which was also delicious. Despite my husband’s original claim that pinto beans are just a cheap imitation of black beans, he enjoyed it with the pinto beans as well).
Put the beans and corn in a large bowl and add:
- 6 or 7 chopped roma tomatoes – They key to this part is to get the tomatoes about the same size as the beans and corn.
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 or 5 green onions – The easiest way I’ve found to chop green onions is to clip them with kitchen shears, similar to how you clip chives.
Toss this mixture together.
Then in a small bowl, combine:
- 1 package powdered Italian dressing mix
- the zest of one lime (this is optional, but I think it makes it even better!)
- the juice of two limes
Pour this mixture over the salsa and toss. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge so all the flavors can combine.
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 6 Roma Tomatoes Diced Small
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro Minced
- 4 Green Onions Sliced into small pieces
- 1 Package Italian Dressing Mix
- 2 Limes Zest from 1, juice from 2
- Drain and rinse the corn and beans.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing mix, zest of one lime and juice of two limes.
- Add the dressing combination to the veggies and toss together.
- Eat alone or serve with tortilla or plantain chips.
Share this Recipe
No comments yet.